To be honest, it’s quite simple to shop for any horse-lover. If you stay along the lines of anything equine-related, you will usually be in a good place. But to get the creative juices flowing, here are a couple of ideas to get the equestrian in your life during this holiday season.
If your budget is $25 or less…
It’s not that you’re SOL, but the horse world is expensive. A smaller budget means less you can work with. With that said, there are still a ton of gifts that will still benefit your horse-lover.
- Socks. I know, this is silly, but socks are incredibly important for any equestrian. Socks come in all shapes and uses, so the possibilities are endless. Check out all these choices here!
- If socks aren’t your thing, try looking into horse treats or other horse toys. These are incredibly useful tools for any horse owner, therefore your gift will go a long way.
- For someone that doesn’t own or ride a horse, but is still an equine fanatic, I would recommend anything from a book about horses to a stuffed animal. There are so many choices of books and find a plush toy is as easy as walking into a toy store.
If your budget is under $50…
- Polo wraps are a piece of tack that nearly every rider needs. You can never have enough polo wraps! Polos also come in fun colors, so they add extra flare to your gift.
- Speaking of horse wear, a nice nylon halter or a saddle pad is definitely in budget and can easily coordinate with new polo wraps!
- Although breeches might be too expensive in this price bracket, riding attire is never out of the question. Plenty of stores have stylish shirts, riding accessories, and jackets that are under $50. An equestrian can never have enough belts or UV riding shirts!
If you have all the money in the world to spend…
- This is where it gets fun! If I could ask for anything this holiday season, it would definitely be a tailspin (or horsehair) bracelet/keychain. These items are made from your horse’s tail hair and are hand made. I think these bracelets are stylish and are very sentimental. Honestly, any personalized jewelry for them and their horse will make their holiday season even better.
- Home decor. If I had money to spend, I would get each one of my horse friends a giant canvas of their horse to hang in their house. Just think, wouldn’t that be a dream come true? You could also get unique items like a horse shoe boot rack or some fun bookends.
- A photoshoot for them and their horse. Have you seen those gorgeous black backdrop photos? Or those beautiful photo shoots where the girl is kissing the horse’s nose? Well I have, and I know right now that I would DIE if someone bought me a photoshoot with my heart horse. Having pictures to cherish for the rest of my life about one of my favorite things would mean the world to me!
- Depending on their discipline, breeches or riding jeans are always a good go-to. Since these can get expensive, buying a pair of riding pants will go a long way in an equestrian’s life. For that matter, buying higher priced items like a helmet, boots, bridles, and other necessary (but pricey) items will be the perfect gift!
- And how can I not add this? The best gift of all is a pony. 🙂
In all seriousness, an equestrian will love whatever you give them. I wasn’t kidding when I talked about socks! I go through these things like nobody’s business, so a nice pair of riding socks are a lifesaver! And if you can’t afford a tailspin bracelet, a key chain with a horse figurine on it will do no wrong. Just remember, giving something from the heart will make it the perfect gift.
And don’t forget to take holiday shopping one stride at a time!
*I do not own any of these pictures